Sunday, August 26, 2012

August 9th

August 9th was one for the books. It ranks right up there with the day we fell in love, the day we were married, the day Van was born, and the day Gus was born. On August 9th, 2012, Spencer received the call that he was accepted into dental school! 

While driving to work that morning, the dean of admissions at Roseman University of Health Sciences beeped through his morning conference call. He immediately hung up with his sales team and took the call with the dean. After speaking with him, he drove straight home to tell me the news. When my front door opened at 9:00 am, I was frightened to say the least. I asked him what he was doing and he said, "I got the call." "What call?" I asked. And then he showed me his phone. I was in shock. I could not believe it. Pure joy!
It's been a fast couple of weeks. Orientation started on August 14th and we were able to take a tour of the campus. It's a beautiful, new building in South Jordan, Utah. We feel lucky enough to live so close and make all of this happen so fast. School started August 20th and we'll be moving out of our current place this coming weekend. Wish us luck!

4 comments:

Becki said...

That was a GREAT day! So happy for you all!

Sharon said...

happy, happy, joy, joy, joy!!!!!!!!

Brady said...

Congrats! so glad he got in and you guys dont have to go through the torture of applying to dental schools again. My cousins husband got into school there this year as well. His name is Jason Gleave.
Congrats again man to you and your family you all look great. If you have any questions about anything to do with dental school please feel free to ask. I dont know everything but have picked up a few things. my email is bradyr02@gmail.com or I still have my hawaii number 8083427739.

Ron said...

We are so happy for you and proud of you both. It is a wonderful undertaking and you will have some challenges. What generous people your parents are Ashley to house your family. That will really help with expenses.