Thursday, March 4, 2010

Family Room

Here is a shot of our family room. I picked up the Jorun rug last week and we're trying to decide if it's a keeper. While I love the zig-zag pattern, it's a bit darker than I had envisioned.

We definitely need a TV solution, something shallower and preferably mountable. I'd also like to either paint the mantle white, or get a new shelf all together.

New curtains are a must. I'll probably stick with a neutral, but having some that reach the floor will make all the difference.

I'm planning on recovering our Stockholm chair with a cover from Bemz, but I don't know what color to go with. The chair will be placed by the sofa, along with a coffee table.

Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Abbie said...

I like the rug. It's dark compared to everything else, but if you cover your chair in a darker blue I think it will all balance out!
Can't wait to see it in person!

. said...

I was going to ask you about the rug because I saw a slice of it in that last post with Nick. I like it.