Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving Holiday

We took advantage of the long weekend and had a little holiday in Anacortes. Our good friends Wade and Ellie joined us for the getaway. Spencer arranged for us to stay in a little cabin at Pioneer Trails RV Resort. The log cabins were, well, quaint.
On Thanksgiving day we drove to the top of Mt. Erie and visited Deception Pass State Park. The beach was very refreshing and provided beautiful panoramic views of the Strait of Juan de Fuca. On Friday we visited the lovely little town of La Conner. It's full of adorable shops, art galleries, and charming streets. We had a wonderful time strolling around. My favorite store was a children's boutique called Childhood Bliss. I found some great gift finds for Van.
Saturday we packed up our things and headed further north to Vancouver. That night we enjoyed a delicious turkey dinner courtesy of James. It was nice to gather with friends and family for the weekend.

4 comments:

Sharon said...

What a fun trip.
Van is too adorable. I love the expressions you are able to capture with your amazing camera. :)

Jennelle said...

WHat a fun weekend!!! I love little towns...they're the best.

J and T said...

Sounds like you had fun! I love that area up there. Jeff and I just loved the Juan de Fuca Strait.

kelsey said...

I am pretty sure Harmon has the same brown bear outfit...Columbia?