Thursday, October 16, 2008

Utah Holiday

Van and I left Seattle on Wednesday evening for our trip to Salt Lake City. Unfortunately, Spencer had to stay back and focus on work. It was little Van's first experience on an airplane and he did marvelously well. He mostly slept. We spent the first couple days playing at my parents house and running errands before the upcoming wedding.
On Saturday Sydnee and Kenny were married in the Salt Lake Temple. I left Van with my parents for a few hours in the afternoon so that I could attend the ceremony. The reception was held at the Holladay City Hall later that evening and it was a beautiful event. As usual, Van did wonderfully. A good chunk of his time was spent with Marcie, to whom I am extremely grateful.On Sunday we were able to get the family together and celebrate my Dad's sixty-first birthday. Van was able to "play" with his cousin Syd, and met his aunt Kim for the first time. Later that evening we went to visit with our Grandma's, aunts, uncles, and cousins. It was a wonderful trip, the time flew by, but we're glad to be back home.

5 comments:

. said...

Ashley, your outfit is great! you look so polished and pulled together, and I really like your hair that length.

i {heart} hawkes said...

those are some great shots! i espically love the one of van where it looks like leslie is holding him. the smile is priceless.

Leslie said...

marce may have held him the most but, look who he's most happy with.

ThE RaSmUsSeN's said...

I LOVE your dress!! It looks great on you!

Sutton Family said...

Van is just too dang cute!!! and love your purple dress.