Monday, August 27, 2007

Thief

On Saturday we went down to Waikiki beach with Maria. Spencer and I went for a stroll along the boardwalk to check out the vendors who were prepping for Sunset on the Beach. When we were a few feet from a bike rack I saw a man walk by with a bike seat in his hand. He then hustled across the street, which I found curious. When I saw that there was a bike missing a seat I told Spencer. We sat there wondering why he would do that. The man started to walk briskly down the sidewalk and then reached for his keys; ready for a get away. At that point we decided to tell the policemen standing on the corner. They started to follow him and called for backup in the area he was headed. They brought the man back and turns out it was his bike seat. He takes his bike seat with him because he has had one stolen before. I felt so foolish.

2 comments:

Ron said...

Oh Ashley that is embarrassing but you did the right thing. Had you any choice otherwise, how would you have known. Was the fellow upset with you? He should have been grateful.

Tracy said...

Awesome story. Good work getting the police to track him down. I would have been proud of you if I was the guy you caught.